google search box

Custom Search

Friday, April 29, 2011

Star Wars Little Jedi Birthday Paper pieced Centerpiece

My oldest baby boy is turning 6 next month...I can't believe it! What happened to my 7 pound baby burrito? =D He hasn't seen the Star Wars movie yet or the new Clone Wars movie however....we went to Disney World last year in June and they had the Star Wars event going on there and Jayden met Darth Vader and chewbacca and thought they were the COOLEST!! He couldn't stop talking about the Jedi's and their Light Sabers and that he wanted to be Darth Vader for Halloween lol! So now he wants Star Wars as his theme. I thought I would concentrate more on it being a Star Wars Jedi Academy birthday...I have already set up with an Entertainment company here in Seattle for a Jedi to come teach Jayden and his little brother and friends the "ways of the Jedi" I can't wait teehee! 
Well every Friday our Design team here at Little Scraps of Heaven that I am a proud member of do a challenge. This week our DT member Dawn challenged us to "Make it pop" so I used pop dots on this centerpiece to make it look more 3D on the piecings...I did this with the Star Wars title, the little Jedi and the star ship. The little Jedi I created from using the Little Scraps of Heaven's "Over the Hill Collection" found HERE I used the robe on the grim reaper bear to make my jedi boy. The boy face came from the "Spellbound Wizard's Collection" HERE and I used the little boy peeker. For the party piecings in this centerpiece I created them with the "Party Animal Collection" HERE

The box I found at Target in their party section and it was only 1.99...I used a square foam brick that I purchased at Michaels that fit perfectly inside this box =D



Close up of the Little Jedi paper Piecing 


Stay tuned! My son's party is next month and I will be making more decorations and sharing my party planning with all of you! Hope you will come by and take a peak...Happy Creating!

1 comment:

  1. WOWZERS!! You are awesome!! I just LOVE these projects!! The centerpiece is adorable and the Jedi guy.. WOW!!! Great job!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya
    freddylswillima@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete