google search box

Custom Search

Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Baskets for Class Party with Jelly Bean Prayer



Here is the project that I posted over at Little Scraps of Heaven's Design Team blog for Wednesday...As room mom I help plan out my son Jayden's class parties and for the Easter/Resurrection party I got these adorable plastic container baskets and filled them with colored eggs with corresponding colored jelly beans inside. I used the paper piecing from the Jesus Loves Me...you can view it HERE and I found a really neat poem about the meaning of the color of jelly beans that are in the matching colored eggs and the poem reads:

Red is for the blood He gave.

Green is for the grass He made.

Yellow is for the sun so bright.

Orange is for the edge of night.

Black is for the sins we made.

White is for the grace He gave.

Purple is for His hour of sorrow.

Pink is for our new tomorrow.

An egg full of jelly beans, Colorful and Sweet

Is a prayer, a promise, A loved one's treat!!

Charlene Dickensen, 1997






All 22 baskets all in a row =D


Each basket also had a baggie of M&M's a baggie with candies to make an Easter candy bracelet and an attached name tag with a scripture on it. I used my Accent Essentials to make the tag and the mat for my poem card =D

Blessings to all of you this Easter!!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these!! The lil poem with the meaning of the colored jelly beans!! You sooo ROCK!!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so cute , I bet the kids loved them ! Your so creative

    ReplyDelete