Tips when using Glitter:
- When using a glue pen, do a small area at a time, so the glue doesn't dry out too quickly.
- You can also use a glue pen to apply glitter to flowers, stickers or anything else needing a little sparkle.
- When doing a large area such as a chipboard piece, I often use Modge Podge. You can also rub a glue pad over the surface or use a spray adhesive or other liquid glue.
- Use a tray or small, flexible paper plate, so that you can easily put it back into the bottle.
- There are different sizes of glitter - the glitter I used was very fine. If you have a chunky glitter, you would want to use on a much larger, less detailed project.
- Baby wipes are a great way to clean the tray or help to get the glitter off your hands. They also help with static cling.
- Use a small paint brush, Q tip or eyeshadow applicator to brush away excess glitter.
- Did you know that paint is a good adhesive for glitter? Take your paint and then while the paint is still wet, sprinkle glitter right over the top of it. The glitter will stick right to the wet paint. Let the paint dry completely before using it on your project.
- If anyone else has any other tips feel free to share!