google search box

Custom Search

Friday, December 18, 2009

Organizing Scrapbook Paper











Often scrappers ask each other how they store and organize their 12" x 12" paper? I thought I'd share a system that has worked well for me. My collection of pattern papers has become an obsession and I needed a way to organize it so that I would know exactly where to look to find the perfect paper when I was working on a page. I first organized my cardstock by color, and then by the shade of that color. I placed the solid cardstock in Cropper Hopper Vertical 12x12 paper organizers (sold in store) The pattern paper I organize by theme and manufacturer. Costco had these scrapbook tower organizers that can in so handy! LOVE THEM! Your stack of patterned papers may be divided differently than mine, but these categories will give you an idea of how it can be done.
I list most pattern papers by manufacturer and then:
Solid - papers that are mostly solid colors, but are not cardstock
Stripes
Swirls
Dots
Plaid
Stars
Floral -papers with flowers or leaves as the primary design
Realistic - animal prints, wood grain, photographic scenes, etc.
Specialty Paper - mulberry, handmade, velveteen, metallic, etc.
Vellum
Embossed
Disney
Baby
Travel
Holidays

Miscellaneous - anything that doesn't fit in the categories above

No comments:

Post a Comment