google search box

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

ATC Tutorial and Free Cut File- Join the LSHD Swap!

Little Scraps of Heaven Designs has a swap happening right now with trading Artist Trading Cards or ATCs. I have never created one of these before and was excited to try them out. I researched all about ATC's and wanted to share with you what I have learned and also share a free cutting file I made to make them so much easier to make for you! I found out ATC's are also known as a "fantastic mini" 


First of all, the most important rule is that all ATCs should be exactly 3.5 x 2.5″ in size. This is the trickiest part – getting them sized exact. So down below on this post you will find a free cutting file that can fit 12 of these ATC on one 12x12 mat for you. I have included another file for a inner mat that is sized at 3.25x2.25. So what exactly are Artist Trading Cards all about? Here are the key points:
 ATCs can be portrait or landscape 
ATCs are to be traded and collected, never sold
They must measure 2½” x 3½” 
The back should include your name (signature), the date it was created, and the title of the card.  


Here are some ideas on how to embellish your fantastic mini's:

*Buttons, flatbacks,beads
*floral soft
*Journaling strips
*Ribbons and fiber
*Coins or stamps
*UTEE, paint, stickles
*Using embossing folders
*Clock faces
*Ink and Stamping
*Fabric
*Paper piecings =D
Whatever your imagination takes you that you can add that will fit on this fantastic mini.So now you know all there is to know about producing an ATC. Fairly easy – right? So head on over to the Little Scraps of Heaven Facebook
fanpage  HERE and sign up for this fun swap and share what you create =D

Here is my very first ATC cards:
I used Little Scraps of Heaven's Fairy Bear single pattern that can
be found HERE

For this ATC card I used the little bird piecing from Little Scraps of Heaven's
Storybook Series "Little Red Riding Hood" that can be found
Papers used is "Once Upon a Springtime" by Graphic 45
I created this free file for the ATC template that I used with the 
rounded corners:

ATC Inner Mat SCUT file: Download
ATC Base SCUT file: Download
ATC base SVG file: Download



    2 comments:

    1. Awww, these are adorable. Thanks for sharing and thank you so much for the file.
      Trish

      ReplyDelete
    2. I just found your site through Pinterest, I'm trying to download a few of your files, how do I get them?

      ReplyDelete